Wednesday 1 August 2012

First Step

PWTC Franchising International Malaysia 2012, some of my coursemates planned to switch to other franchise to run the evaluation.

I went to the outlet that I selected for franchising evaluation. Since Subway is not available in PWTC Franchising International Malaysia 2012, I had to walk-in to the Wangsa Walk outlet to look for information.

It was fasting month and I would like to take this opportunity (less work) to investigate. The cashier was asking me to go to Carrefour outlet because both outlets under the same franchiser, Kamal, including the manager.

The Subway outlet in Carrefour,
near to Wangsa Walk
When I moved to Subway, Carrefour, they seem like not user friendly and planned not to entertain student. The manager, Aizat, was not welcoming me to run the research and wanted me to show the consent letter. He needed a day before interviewing and will get the approval from the franchiser, Kamal. Aizat tried not to get into trouble and asked me to search from Internet through their Malaysia Subway website. He did not recommend me to interview.

I went back home and called up the Kuala Lumpur area Subway office which is under Dato Vincent Choo. Again, I faced the problem when talking to the lady, Ms Adelaide. She refused to answer any question and asked me to meet her in their office in Bukit Bintang if possible. Which mean the commercial world is not welcome any student to run the research? Are they worry me is one of their competitors or the employee tried not to get involve? I get treated like a spy!

No comments:

Post a Comment